About PENCOM’s Ball Studs and Clips
- A convenient spring catch fastener for cabinet doors, inspection panels, etc. requiring repeated disengagement.
- No direct contact between panel surfaces eliminates damaged panel finishes.
- Accommodate different panel thicknesses by varying ball stud lengths.
- Vary ball stud pull–out tension by using different clip material thicknesses.
- Ball studs and clips available in RoHS-compliant plated carbon steel and stainless steel.
Rivet the ball stud clip onto the panel with either plain or 100° countersunk head rivets, or with screws, nuts and washers (plain rivets shown)
- Choose a ball stud clip based on the mounting hole diameter, pull–out tension, material, and finish. All clips fit all ball studs. Pull–out tension varies according to the clip material thickness.
- Select a ball stud type from the installation styles below. Go to the appropriate page and choose a ball stud based on length, material and finish. Vary ball stud length to accommodate Sheet 1 thickness.