- Simple press-in installation for most thermoplastics.
- Hexagonal barbs provide high pull-out and torque-out resistance.
- Available in a wide variety of thread sizes.
|Insert Thread||Insert Thread Code||L Insert Length Max.||Insert Length Code||Boss||D Width Across Flats||P Pilot Diameter Max.||T Full Thread Depth Min.2|
|B Hole Dia. +0.08 -0.00||W Wall Thickness Min.|
|M3 x 0.5||M3||5.84||5.84||4.75||3.98||4.75||4.72||5.38|
|M3.5 x 0.6||M3.5||5.84||5.84||4.75||3.98||4.75||4.72||5.38|
|M4 x 0.7||M4||6.73||6.73||6.35||4.77||6.35||6.32||6.30|
|M5 x 0.8||M5||6.73||6.73||6.35||4.77||6.35||6.32||6.30|
|M6 x 1.0||M6||8.00||8.00||7.92||5.57||7.92||7.89||7.62|
|M8 x 1.25||M8||9.27||9.27||9.53||7.30||9.53||9.50||8.76|
(1) All dimensions are in millimeters and reference unless toleranced.
(2) Although thread is tapped thru, thread go-gauge may not pass beyond the T dimension.
Boss Design Recommendation
The PFZ Press–in Fin Zert is designed to be installed into a straight hole with a 1° inclusive taper. The top of the hole should not be countersunk or counter bored as this will decrease the insert’s performance. The recommended hole size applies at the point reached by the bottom of the insert. Molded holes should be used wherever possible as drilled holes may result in diminished performance. Minimum boss wall thicknesses shown are for reference and may vary depending on the type of plastic.
Press the insert into the boss using a squeezing action – never a hammer blow. Ensure that the insert maintains axial alignment during installation to prevent tilting which will induce side loads on the boss. Oversize boss holes weaken the insert’s self-aligning characteristics causing side loads which may lead to possible boss cracking.
|Insert Thread Code||Boss Material||Installation (kN)||Pull–out (N)||Torque–out (N-m)|
(1) Performance data shown is for reference only. Variations in application, boss material type and size, and installation method will affect the loads. PENCOM strongly encourages testing in the application.
Material & Finish
|Material Code||Material Description||Finish Code||Finish Description|
Contact a PENCOM Account Representative for other material & finish options.
Cross ReferencesSubstitute For PEM® Series Hardware:
PEM® is a registered trademark of Penn Engineering.
When second sourcing PENCOM’s self-clinching products, PENCOM recommends that the part is tested in the application to ensure that it will meet all performance requirements.
|PENCOM Part Description||PEM® Part Number|