- Precise fit with Pencom’s GA, GB, GF, GN & GP guide pins.
- Helps maintain parallelism between mating surfaces during assembly.
- Permanent installation in aluminum, carbon steel, stainless steel and fiberglass (pcb) sheets.
- Choice of RoHS compliant materials and finishes.
When second sourcing PENCOM’s products, PENCOM recommends that the part is tested in the application to ensure that it will meet all performance requirements.
(1) The GRB is intended for use in unplated holes. A hole tolerance of +0.13/-0.03 should be used with plated holes.
Material & Finish
|Material Code||Material Description||Finish Code||Finish Description||For Use in Sheet Hardness|
|ST||Carbon Steel||Z||Zinc (SC1) with Type III Clear Chromate per ASTM B 633||•||•|
|SS||300-Series Stainless Steel||P||Passivate and/or test per ASTM A 967||•||•|
- Punch or drill hole in sheet. Do not deburr edges.
- Place guide pin receptacle nut into the anvil hole and locate sheet hole over the guide pin receptacle nut shank as shown. Ensure that the receptacle nut is installed in the punch side of the sheet.
- Squeeze the sheet and guide pin receptacle nut between parallel punch and anvil surfaces. Use only enough pressure to sea t the receptacle nut shoulder flush with the sheet. Over installation may damage the receptacle nut and prevent use with guide pin. Pen com recommends checking the nut inside diameter with a pin gauge after installation.
Anvil Dimensions – GRAS4
|Guide Pin Size||ØA|