This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are seeking a self-motivated CAD Technician who is able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Understand and interpret technical specifications for mechanical fasteners, materials and plating (ISO, ANSI, ASME, MIL, etc.)
- Integrate technical data from industry standards, vendor datasheets, customer prints, and/or part samples to generate 2-D CAD drawings and 3-D models
- Make design modifications and recommendations, ranging from simple mechanical components to complicated machined parts, sheet metal, and assemblies
- Review Engineering Drawings and Part History Files to endure adherence to established specifications, standards and procedures
- Generate drawing templates and 3-D library parts
- Create and modify BOM’s
- Assist Engineering Mgr. in daily activities and special projects
- Support CAD technicians, Sales, Purchasing, Quality, and Inventory Control for part specifications, technical knowledge and database usage
- Maintain engineering databases
- Compile and file information for document control records, including data entry, filing and other routine office tasks
- Must consistently follow department procedures in all aspects of work
- Other duties as assigned by management
- No supervisory responsibilities associated with this position
- Proficiency in 2-D and 3-D CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Able to manually create orthographic and isometric views (manual drafting experience a plus)
- General knowledge of mechanical hardware, sheet metal, machined components & injection mold parts
- Good organizational skills and experience in handling multiple projects simultaneously and organizing large amounts of data
- Strong PC skills; proficient in MS Office Suite applications and Adobe Acrobat Standard
- Excellent skills in researching technical specifications on internet
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing principals
- Able to quickly learn and follow department procedures
- Must be flexible and adaptable to meet changing department needs
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing principals
- Fluency in a foreign language is desirable
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Minimum of 1 year Drafting/Design experience
- S. required; equivalence in experience will be considered
- Experience in Document Control procedures required
- Experience with measurement devices (micrometer, caliper, etc.), electronics industry hardware
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle objects, keyboard, paper, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee regularly needs to talk and hear.
Physical location – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment.
Noise/Sound – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with exposure to sounds of trucking unloading, operation of forklifts, parts being dumped and packed and other various finished goods. Position will be exposed to additional noise from traveling with using or more of the following: auto, airplane, public transportation or similar approved mode of travel.
Equipment – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with standard office equipment including PC’s/desk top computers, fax machines, copy and scanning machines, multi-line telephone system and other low-powered business machines. When visiting the warehouse, machining, second operations and warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: equipment that cut, bends, slice and form metals, machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
Scent/Smell – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with low levels or variation of scents/smells. When visiting the warehouse, machining, second operations and warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: strong metallic smell from equipment that cut, bends, slice and form metals; smell of machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
Chemicals – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with low levels of exposure to chemicals including hand sanitizers, bathroom soap and air fresheners/sanitizers. When visiting the warehouse, machining, second operations and warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Fun, flexible and casual work environment with amazing people
- Paid holidays
- Great benefits including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, 401k, Profit Sharing, Life and Disability coverage
|Job Title||Document Control CAD Technician|
|Reports to||Engineering Manager|
|Location||San Carlos, CA|
|FLSA Status||Exempt, Non-Exempt|
|Travel||None, As needed|
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]