This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing new sales leads within their territory and proactively grow business with existing clients. Position requires regular travel away from branch office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Manage Business Development activities across assigned territory
- Partners with Account Managers (inside sales) to develop sales strategies to meet goals
- Identifies new accounts, retain existing clients and develop sales within existing accounts
- Represents Pencom in client meetings with integrity, professionalism and with expert knowledge of company products and services
- Manages contract negotiations, quality complaints, and introductions or referrals to other Pencom business units
- Provides product samples and marketing materials to clients. May deliver order to client as needed.
- Partners with client’s engineering staff for new product designs or sustaining engineering issues
- Works with internal engineering and procurement to respond to RFQs, and develop pricing strategies to meet client requests
- Maintains excellent cold calling efforts to drive business into new accounts and territories
- Reports account and sales activities to Pencom management
- Provides metrics and reporting tools to Branch Managers
- Other duties as assigned by management
- No supervisory responsibilities associated with this position
- Must have excellent phone and in-person sales presentation skills
- Able to manage competing priorities to meet client needs
- Ability to coach and mentor Account Managers towards achieving sales targets
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Proficiency with computer software including MS Office, Order Management System,
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related discipline preferred
- 5-7 years of in Field Sales/Business Development, preferably in mechanical components or fastener industry
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle objects, keyboard, paper, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee regularly needs to talk and hear.
Physical location – Position is located in a company office/warehouse location. Position may require travel to client sites and other meeting sites.
Noise/Sound – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with exposure to low levels of sound. Position will be exposed to additional noise from traveling with using or more of the following: auto, airplane, public transportation or similar approved mode of travel.
Equipment – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with standard office
equipment including PC’s/desk top computers, fax machines, copy and scanning machines, multi-line telephone system and other low-powered business machines. When visiting the warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: equipment that cut, bends, slice and form metals, machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
Scent/Smell – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with low levels or
variation of scents/smells. When visiting the warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: strong metallic smell from equipment that cut, bends, slice and form metals; smell of machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
Chemicals – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with low levels of exposure to chemicals including hand sanitizers, bathroom soap and air fresheners/sanitizers. When visiting the warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Fun, flexible and casual work environment with amazing people
- Paid holidays
- Great benefits including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, 401k, Profit Sharing and Life
This job description is designed to outline the essential job functions and qualifications of this position. It is in no way a contract of employment between the Company and the employee. The information contained in this document may or may not be used in performance reviews, salary reviews, or promotion considerations. Job duties, responsibilities, and/or qualifications of this job may change throughout the course of employment as directed by the management of the Company.
|Job Title||Business Development Manager|
|Reports to||Director of Group Sales|
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]