This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Branch / Account Manager will be responsible for managing the daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources of the team. The position ensures increasing levels of customer and effective and efficient processing of all incoming customer orders, enquiries & queries. Additionally, the Branch / Account Manager will be responsible for providing a high degree of customer service to existing clients, and actively seeks opportunities to grow new and existing business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Responsible for the effective and efficient day to day operations.
- Acts as a main interface between customer purchasing and engineering departments at Pencom
- Enters sales and confirms/reports on order status to customer in timely manner
- Evaluates inventory availability, requests transfers and places requisitions as needed for customer orders. Accountable for inventory ordered in to Pencom
- Finds sources, samples, and technical information as requested by the customer
- Resolves issues with shipments such as missing packing slips, short shipments, wrong parts, etc. between warehouse and customer
- Generates quotes for customers, enters information to internal system
- Responsible for follow-up on quotes, samples and orders as needed
- Partners with Business Development Managers to develop and maintain existing client base, and new clients
- Visits customer sites with, and independently of, the Business Development Manager as needed
- Performs cold calling within the Branch territory
- Responsible for review of open orders (both sales and purchase) to ensure on-time delivery to customers
- Actions past due invoices in tandem with Business Development Manager
- Interfaces with internal departments including Quality Control, Engineering, Accounting, Purchasing, and Warehouse as related to customer orders or needs
- Provides customer documentation to request part numbers from Engineering
- Drives VI (Visual Inventory) and bin stock implementations
- Continuously reviews accounts with Business Development Manager to identify areas of business that can be improved
- Responsible for achieving the minimum acceptable Sales GP% on your Branch Sales.
- Responsible for ensuring that warehouse and offices are kept in a clean, tidy and
presentable condition at all times.
- Participates in Corporate Activities such as ISO audits and physical inventory as
- May require out-of-state travel for training purposes
- You are responsible for representing Pencom and yourself as an ambassador of the
company in a professional and presentable manner at all times.
- Ensure all incoming goods are received into the system within 24 hours of receipt
- Ensure all customer orders with product available ex-stock are shipped within 8 working
- Ensure incoming RFQ’s & Orders are processed effectively and efficiently and receive
an initial response within 4 working hours
- Ensure all requests for customer RMA’s are processed within 24 hours of receipt
- Ensure that all company equipment is kept well maintained and able to perform
- Managing the annual Branch Stock take.
- Any other duties as assigned by senior management
- Must have excellent phone and in-person sales presentation skills
- Able to manage competing priorities to meet client needs
- Ability to coach and mentor Branch Staff
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice by management
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
- Must be able to read technical drawings and understand manufacturing processes
required to make the part
- Able to think outside the box and help customers by providing alternate options
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) required
- Demonstrated communication skills (written/verbal)
- Self-motivated and able to function independently; detail orientated, organized and must work well as a team player
- Must be organized with a high attention to detail
- Works well under pressure in a fast paced office environment, able to multi-task and reliable
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
KPI’s (Key Performance indicators):
- Invoice Sales and Gross Profit per by customer.
- Opening and Closing Stock.
- Customer orders, RFQ’s and requests for RMA’s are processed in line with above.
- Number of Returns and Credits.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- HS Diploma and/or equivalent education; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related discipline preferred, but not required.
- 3-5 years of Aero Space industry experience preferred
- 5-7 years of in Field Sales/Business Development, preferably in mechanical components or fastener industry
- Proficiency with computer software including MS Office, Order Management System, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle objects, keyboard, paper, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee regularly needs to talk and hear.
Physical location – Position is located in a company office/warehouse location. Position may require travel to client sites and other meeting sites.
Noise/Sound – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with exposure to low levels of sound. Position will be exposed to additional noise from traveling with using or more of the following: auto, airplane, public transportation or similar approved mode of travel.
Equipment – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with standard office
equipment including PC’s/desk top computers, fax machines, copy and scanning machines, multi-line telephone system and other low-powered business machines. When visiting the warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: equipment that cut, bends, slice and form metals, machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
Scent/Smell – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with low levels or
variation of scents/smells. When visiting the warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: strong metallic smell from equipment that cut, bends, slice and form metals; smell of machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
Chemicals – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with low levels of exposure to chemicals including hand sanitizers, bathroom soap and air fresheners/sanitizers. When visiting the warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Fun, flexible and casual work environment with amazing people
- Paid holidays
- Great benefits including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, 401k, Profit Sharing and Life
This job description is designed to outline the essential job functions and qualifications of this position. It is in no way a contract of employment between the Company and the employee. The information contained in this document may or may not be used in performance reviews, salary reviews, or promotion considerations. Job duties, responsibilities, and/or qualifications of this job may change throughout the course of employment as directed by the management of the Company.
|Job Category||Sales, Operations|
|Job Title||Branch / Account Manager|
|Department||Operations / Sales|
|Reports to:||Director of Sales|
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]