This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Account Manager will be responsible for providing a high degree of customer service to existing clients, and actively seeks opportunities to grow new and existing business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Represents Pencom to customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Acts an main interface between customer purchasing and engineering departments at Pencom
- Enters sales and confirms/reports on order status to customer in timely manner
- Evaluates inventory availability, requests transfers and purchases as needed for customer orders. Accountable for inventory ordered in to Pencom
- Finds sources, samples, and technical information as requested by customer
- Resolves issues with shipments such as missing packing slips, short shipments, wrong parts, etc. between warehouse and customer
- Generates quotes for customers, enters information to internal system
- Enters CSI’s and process RTVs (return to vendor)
- Responsible for follow-up on quotes, samples and orders as needed
- Partners with Business Development Managers to develop and maintain existing client base, and new clients
- Visits customer sites with, and independently of, the Business Development Manager as needed
- Performs cold calling within the Branch territory
- Responsible for review of open orders (both sales and purchase) to ensure on-time delivery to customers
- Actions past due invoices in tandem with Business Development Manager
- Interfaces with internal departments including Quality Control, Engineering, Accounting, Purchasing, and Warehouse as related to customer orders or needs
- Provides customer documentation to request part numbers from Engineering
- Drives VI (Visual Inventory) and bin stock implementations
- Continuously reviews accounts with Business Development Manager to identify areas of business that can be improved
- Provides metrics and reporting to Branch manager as required
- Participates in Corporate Activities such as ISO audits and physical inventory as required
- May require out-of-state travel for training purposes
- Other duties as assigned by management
- No supervisory responsibilities associated with this position
- Must be able to read technical drawings and understand manufacturing processes required to make the part
- Able to think outside the box and help customers by providing alternate options
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) required
- Demonstrated communication skills (written/verbal)
- Self-motivated and able to function independently; detail orientated, organized and must work well as a team player
- Must be organized with a high attention to detail
- Works well under pressure in a fast paced office environment, able to multi-task and reliable
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- HS Diploma and/or education equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related work experience
- 3-5 years of inside sales experience preferred, preferably in fasteners, mechanical components or related field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle objects, keyboard, paper, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee regularly needs to talk and hear.
Physical location – Position is located at office/warehouse.
Noise/Sound – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with exposure to low levels of sound. Position will be exposed to additional noise from traveling with using or more of the following: auto, airplane, public transportation or similar approved mode of travel.
Equipment – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with standard office equipment including PC’s/desk top computers, fax machines, copy and scanning machines, multi-line telephone system and other low-powered business machines. When visiting the warehouse, machining, second operations and warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: equipment that lift, cut, bends, slice and form metals, machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
Scent/Smell – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with low levels or variation of scents/smells. When visiting the warehouse, machining, second operations and warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: strong metallic smell from equipment that cut, bends, slice and form metals; smell of machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
Chemicals – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with low levels of exposure to chemicals including hand sanitizers, bathroom soap and air fresheners/sanitizers. When visiting the warehouse, machining, second operations and warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Fun, flexible and casual work environment with amazing people
- Paid holidays
- Great benefits including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, 401k, Profit Sharing, Life and Disability coverage
This job description is designed to outline the essential job functions and qualifications of this position. It is in no way a contract of employment between the Company and the employee. The information contained in this document may or may not be used in performance reviews, salary reviews, or promotion considerations. Job duties, responsibilities, and/or qualifications of this job may change throughout the course of employment as directed by the management of the Company.
|Job Title||Account Manager|
|Reports to||Branch Manager|
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]