FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Branch Manager
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This position will primarily supports Sales with the VI (visual inventory) programs which include initial set-up of new programs under the direction of the Branch Manager and coordinating the physical system set-up at the customer location; maintaining existing programs; inventory analysis based on usage and advising Sales when additional quantities need to be procured. This position will include warehouse duties required to fill the bins which will include shipping and may include receiving as needed in order to maintain VI’s and to assist with receiving back-log as needed. The position includes driving the company box truck and the delivery of local PENCOM hand-carry deliveries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assist Account Manager in the establishment of new bin programs
- Help coordinate the ordering and installation of equipment at customer location: racks, bins, computers, sensors, etc.
- Work with IT to establish VI program internally with all part numbers and request labels for bins
- Responsible for tracking, fulfillment, material handling inventory and record keeping
- Ensure that the shipping/receiving of goods are in accordance with the agreed Company processes and procedures
- Prepare delivery shipments to key customers ensuring that all requirements are met (such as labeling, bagging, certificates, etc.)
- Calibrating and setting VI sensors at customer site(s) as required
- Investigate server and/or sensor issues at customer locations when notified by IT
- Interface with customers onsite to identify new growth opportunities
- Advise Branch Manager when customer no longer requires a particular item
- Ensure program is in compliance with customer’s standard policies, procedures, internal controls and quality control processes on a regular basis
- Conduct daily visual checks on all equipment to ensure safe operation including arranging for repairs as needed
- Maintain appearance at VI locations
- Must be well dressed, groomed and act in a business like decorum that represents PENCOM in a professional manner
- Assist other team members as needed to maintain workflow
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice by management
- Excellent customer service skills is required
- Must work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills to work with customer(s), all employee levels and other job functions (i.e. Quality, Engineering, etc.) in a professional manner
- Must be organized and plan priorities with minimal supervision
- Able to quickly adapt to specific customer procedures
- Understand the VI program and act as resource for the customer while at their site
- Assist with Inventory Control as needed
- Must be able to transact daily job functions and work orders in computer system accurately
- Safely operate a variety of company equipment including company vehicles, fork-lift, pallet jacks as needed to complete essential job duties
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Must have a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment is a must
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- HS Diploma or education equivalent
- 3+ years related experience, preferable in fastener industry
- Valid fork-lift certification is highly desired
- Must possess a valid Driver License and clean DMV record
- Must be able to pass background screening if required by customer
- Ability to safely lift up to 35lbs and/or lift up to 60lbs with buddy system
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle objects, keyboard, paper, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee regularly needs to talk and hear.
Physical location – Position is located in a company office/warehouse location. Position may require travel to client sites and other meeting sites.
Noise/Sound – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with exposure to low levels of sound. Position will be exposed to additional noise from traveling with using or more of the following: auto, airplane, public transportation or similar approved mode of travel.
Equipment – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with standard office equipment including PC’s/desk top computers, fax machines, copy and scanning machines, multi-line telephone system and other low-powered business machines. When visiting the warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: equipment that cut, bends, slice and form metals, machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
Scent/Smell – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with low levels or variation of scents/smells. When visiting the warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: strong metallic smell from equipment that cut, bends, slice and form metals; smell of machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
Chemicals – Position is located in an office/warehouse environment with low levels of exposure to chemicals including hand sanitizers, bathroom soap and air fresheners/sanitizers. When visiting the warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
This job description is designed to outline the essential job functions and qualifications of this position. It is in no way a contract of employment between the Company and the employee. The information contained in this document may or may not be used in performance reviews, salary reviews, or promotion considerations. Job duties, responsibilities, and/or qualifications of this job may change throughout the course of employment as directed by the management of the Company.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org