|Job Title:||Sales Assistant||Location:||Salem, NH|
|Reports to:||Branch Manager||Travel:||None|
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To perform a variety of clerical and administrative activities to support Sales and Branch Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Ensure the smooth flow of information and follow-up for existing and prospective customers
- Follow-up to ensure timely delivery of literature and samples
- Check inventory levels for VI accounts and advise if they need to be ordered
- Place purchase orders and follow-up with Vendors on order status and update PENCOM system
- Telemarketing calls; maintain a call log with all pertinent details
- Answer phone calls and convey messages to appropriate staff or direct them accordingly
- Answer routine product questions and/or direct questions to the appropriate staff
- Assist in marketing campaigns
- Partake in the annual inventory
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal)
- Excellent phone etiquette and interpersonal skills
- Able to manage competing priorities to meet client needs
- Must be a team player and be able to work with all other functional groups
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision; must be able to follow instructions
- High energy level and comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Self-motivated and able to function independently; detail orientated, organized and must work well as a team player
- Works well under pressure, able to multi-task and reliable
- Ability to work varied shifts as needed
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 35lbs
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Min. HS diploma and/or equivalent education. Some College preferred
- Min. 1-3 years’ previous job experience with customer service and/or sales support experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle objects, keyboard, paper, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The employee regularly needs to talk and hear.
Physical location – Position is located at company office. Position requires travel to client sites and other meeting sites.
Noise/Sound – Position is located in a professional office environment with exposure to low levels of sound. Position will be exposed to additional noise from traveling with using or more of the following: auto, airplane, public transportation or similar approved mode of travel.
Equipment – Position is located in a professional environment with standard office equipment including PC’s/desk top computers, fax machines, copy and scanning machines, multi-line telephone system and other low-powered business machines. When visiting machining, second operations and warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: equipment that cut, bends, slice and form metals, machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
Scent/Smell – Position is located in a professional office environment with low levels or variation of scents/smells. When visiting machining, second operations and warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: strong metallic smell from equipment that cut, bends, slice and form metals; smell of machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
Chemicals – Position is located in a professional office environment with low levels of exposure to chemicals including hand sanitizers, bathroom soap and air fresheners/sanitizers. When visiting machining, second operations and warehouse areas, employee may be exposed to: machine oils & lubricants. Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, ear plugs, smock/shop coat, appropriate work boots are required when visiting these areas.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Fun, flexible and casual work environment with amazing people
- Paid holidays
- Great benefits including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, 401k, Profit Sharing and Life coverage (eligibility – 1st of the month following full 30-days from hire)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org