FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Global Sourcing Manager
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Under the direction of the Global Sourcing Manager, the Large Quotation Team (LQT) Sourcing Specialist assist in effecting more efficient sourcing processed to save cost and maximize profitability. The LQT Sourcing specialist will negotiate with suppliers to obtain goods, materials and services at the best prices by using strategic sourcing strategies and extensive knowledge. LQT Sourcing specialists source best costs for large quotes to potential and existing PENCOM customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Process large quotation opportunities presented to PENCOM as directed by Global Sourcing Manager. These opportunities require the research and preparation of competitive quotes for large parts lists (often exceeding 1,000 items) that result in long-term Vendor-Managed-Inventory agreements between PENCOM and its customers.
- Contribute continuous improvement to the Large Quotation Process.
- Assist Large Quotations with Special Projects.
- Continued Cost Reduction efforts.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice by management.
Key Area of Responsibilities:
- Maintain complete records of all quotation correspondence, including customer correspondence, vendor quotations, and special quotation instructions, oftentimes working on simultaneous multiple quotes.
- Maintain a positive and productive relationship with vendors, customers, and all PENCOM departments.
- Provide Purchasing and Sales with all relevant sourcing data for all quotes. Sourcing data includes vendor information, vendor costs, freight and import fees, lead times, and all other cost-related and service related factors.
- Look for new Vendors on a constant basis, share new vendors with Purchasing and Sales.
- Support Supplier Survey Process
- Proven experience in sourcing process
- A thorough understanding of sourcing methodologies
- Strong negotiation and communication (written & verbal) skills
- Sound time-management and organizational skills is a must
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field.
- Fastener industry is preferred.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Fun, flexible and casual work environment with amazing people
- Paid holidays
- Great benefits including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, 401k/Profit Sharing, and Life coverage
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com