- Heat treated, zinc plated carbon steel
- Improved strength
- Cost savings
- Available in a broad selection of thread and shank length sizes
We’ve heavily invested in improving manufacturing and quality processes to bring a higher standard of performance to our customers.
PENCOM announces our new product line for self-clinching nuts. Self-clinching nuts are a key component in the sheet metal industry and provide reusable, robust threads in thin carbon steel or aluminum sheets. These nuts are much more resistant to any strain incurred during the installation process. PENCOM’s new manufacturing and quality processes make these parts hard to beat.
- Prepare correct sized mounting hole in sheet away from bends or other highly coldworked areas. Do not deburr hole edges.
- Insert nut into recessed anvil and place sheet hole over the nut shank as shown with hole punch side of sheet against the nut.
- Squeeze the sheet and nut between parallel anvil and punch surfaces. Use only enough pressure to seat the nut shoulder flush with the sheet.
- In the application, install screw from the shank side of the fastener so that the head side of the nut is drawn toward the sheet.
PENCOM has taken several steps to insure the best possible quality in our products. Using improved inspection and the latest laser sorting equipment, production lots are screened for defects in rapid succession and with greater accuracy.
As expansion of the product line continues, PENCOM will include additional sizes and materials. Announcements will be made as parts become available. Please contact your local sales representative for more information.
|PENCOM Part Number||PENCOM Description||Competitor (PEM®) Number|
* PEM® is a registered trademark of PennEngineering®